About Kennesaw Women In Mathematics
KWIM was created by the students and faculty of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics at KSU to promote and support women in science and mathematics by creating a social and professional network of students and mentors to share information about existing opportunities and provide support and advice in professional growth.
ALL students and faculty are invited to join!
Saturday, November 15, 2014
- Queens of Math
- Time: 9:00 am — 4:00 pm
- Details: Kennesaw Women in Mathematics cordially invites you to our 4th annual Queens of Math on Saturday, November 15, 2014 from 9am-4pm.
Please register to attend at Queens of Math Event Registration.
- Event Flyer
Monday, December 8, 2014
- Math Study Night
- Time/Location: 5:00-8:00 pm in CL 1009
- Details: We invite KSU students in our MATH 1101 Math Modeling, MATH 1111 College Algebra, MATH 1112 College Trigonometry, MATH 1113 PreCalculus, MATH 1106 Elementary Calculus, MATH 1107 Elementary Statistics, MATH 1190 Calculus I, and MATH 2202 Calculus II classes to come to study for their finals individually or in groups, and we try to make sure that several faculty and more advanced students are present to answer questions that students have.
Wednesday, October 1, 2014
- Meet & Greet
- Time/Location: 2:00 pm in CL 1009
- Details: Kennesaw Women in Mathematics cordially invites you and your students to attend our Meet and Greet event on October 1. We will begin by introducing our organization: officers, advisors, our goals, and plans. After the introduction and discussion of ideas, we will start the initial folding for the MegaMenger Sponge fractal (that will be finished during our Undergraduate Conference on October 10-11 and is part of a worldwide math and art project (http://megamenger.com)). Come and participate in the project! (Even a few folded cubes will help us!)
[Snacks will be provided.]
- Event Flyer